Although it may not be the first to come to mind, YouTube is one of the top search engines in the world. It is the number one video search engine and ranks second only to Google in the list of general search engines. There are two primary ways you, as a business, can utilize YouTube in your marketing efforts.
Two ways to engage your audience with YouTube:
- Create a channel. A business could have a channel dedicated to posting videos from your company, whether they be television ads you’ve shot or “Meet the Team” videos embedded on your website, etc.
- Advertisements. At the start of most videos on YouTube, there are short video ads. If a business chooses to advertise on YouTube, they have access to the audience of one of the largest search engines on the web.
Of the many ways to market your business using YouTube, promotion through advertisements is a great option. The ads that play before YouTube videos are generated through TrueView.
The great thing about TrueView ads is that a viewer can choose to skip an ad after 5 seconds. A company that chooses to advertise with TrueView is not charged for any ads that are skipped after that 5 second time period. The viewer has the option of skipping the ad after 5 seconds or continue watching and perhaps take action by clicking on the ad or doing further research into the company.
There are three primary TrueView adverts businesses can chose from:
- In-stream Ads. These are skippable video ads that usually pop up at the start of a video.
- In-search Ads. Similar to promoted websites in Google searches, these ads appear in a special promoted section.
- In-display Ads. These are banners that run across the screen during searches.
If a business chooses to use TrueView, details about ad statistics are available to help you determine which ad-type works best for your company and marketing message. The creation of the ad is entirely up to a business, allowing for creative control. TrueView advertising may be right for your business. If you are interested in learning more about video marketing, whether through creating a YouTube channel or advertising with TrueView, contact us today at Autumn Consulting! We’ll help you decide if YouTube advertising is right for you.