Companies can use the social media marketing tool, Google+, to attract qualified prospects and engage customers. In the web marketing world, Google+ is the new hot topic. As a social media network that has an extremely active follower-base, closely following Facebook, Google+ may be a wise way to spend time building your company’s social media audience.
We recommend creating a Google+ account for your business in these simple steps:
Create the Account.
- Click here to create a Google+ account for your business. Select “Create a Google+ Page” to get started.
- Choose the category your business falls into (local business, band, non-profit, institution, entertainment, etc).
- Edit your business information – company name, location, contact information, profile picture.
Expand Your Circles. Google+ allows you to add people to your “Circles,” where you can organize people into groups (i.e. colleagues, family, friends, influencers). As a business, you may decide to organize them by customers or business networks. Building up people in your circles will help you begin to establish a follower base. Once you begin posting engaging content relevant to your business, that information will be shared with people following you and those in your circles.
- You can add anyone who has a Google+ account to your circles. Start with co-workers and friends to build your numbers.
- Add people who post content relevant and helpful for your business; people with good ideas.
- Add customers. This shows you know your customers personally and want to maintain that relationship.
- People will add you back and see your content. They may even share your content which gets your name out to more people who previously did not know your business.
These are just the beginning steps to creating a Google+ business page. A strong marketing strategy will help you post engaging content and attract qualified prospects. Autumn Consulting has a great background in social media and a team with lots of experience helping our clients grow through web marketing. Contact Autumn Consulting today, learn more about Autumn Consulting and Nathan Misirian to get started!